Graduate Visa

After completing your academic program apply for a graduate visa to extend your stay in the UK. Our immigration lawyers can help you expand your career and education opportunities through this route.

Applying for a Graduate Visa

As an international student with a valid Tier 4 General Student Visa, you may extend your stay by applying for Graduate Visa. The visa allows you to live in the UK for 2 years. You may use this visa to extend your stay for 3 more years if you have completed a doctorate qualification like a PhD.

Eligibility requirements are as follows:

  • You are currently in the UK on a valid Student Visa/ Tier 4 (General) Student Visa
  • You recently completed your degree within the designated period for a UK-based bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree or alternative course available through your approved Student Visa
  • The Home Office receives an official confirmation from your university/college (or another educational institute) that you’ve completed your course with desired results

What Type, of Course, Is Accepted for a Graduate Visa?

One must study in a credible educational institute in the UK to qualify for this visa.

Applicants must complete any of the following academic programs successfully:

  • Bachelor’s degree
  • Master’s degree
  • or doctorate

Applications are also accepted for international students that studied and completed one of the UK courses below:

  • Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
  • Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
  • Foundation programme in medicine (or dentistry)
  • The Bar Practice Course in England and Wales, or the Bar Course in Northern Ireland
  • A Legal Practice Course in England and Wales
  • A Diploma in Professional Legal Practice in Scotland
  • The Solicitors Course in Northern Ireland
  • Law conversion course authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority

Can Your Family Live with You?
Eligible partners and children could continue to stay as dependents on a Graduate Visa if they arrived in the country as dependents on your Student Visa.


Applications for Graduate Visa come with a compulsory fee.

As an applicant, the Home Office requires you to pay:

  • £715 for the application
  • Additional fee for healthcare (approx. £624/yearly for the duration of your stay in the country)

Our expert immigration solicitors can help you complete the application form for a Graduate Visa if you meet these requirements.

Can You Extend the Graduate Visa?
You cannot extend your graduate visa once it is expired. However, you can switch your visa to another category depending on your circumstances.

How Can Our Immigration expert Solicitors Help?
Our experienced legal team can support your transition from student visa holder to successfully applying for a graduate visa. Use our extensive resources and expertise to maximise your chances of staying in the UK longer.

How Can Our Immigration Lawyers Help?

Applying for British citizenship can be complex as the rules change frequently. Having legal representation and qualified immigration solicitors can prove effective. We can help you collect relevant information for the application. Aside from this, we can maximise your chances of a successful application.

MRG Solicitors is trading name of MRG solicitors Ltd Authorised and Regulated by Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Monday 9am–5pm
Tuesday 9am–5pm
Wednesday 9am–6pm
Thursday 9am–5pm
Friday 9am–5pm
© Copyright 2022. MRG Solicitors. All Rights Reserved.