Health and Care Worker Visa

Medical professionals can come to work in the UK through a health and care worker visa. With this visa, you can stay here as long as you have a job as a licensed health professional.

Living in the UK as a Health and Care Worker

Applicants need a job offer from an eligible UK-based employer to qualify for a work visa. These employers are considered legal sponsors for international healthcare professionals that work under them.

Your offer letter must be from:

  • National Health Service (NHS)
  • A healthcare organisation affiliated with the NHS
  • An approved adult social care facility

Our immigration lawyers ensure that your paperwork is complete and applications are properly filled out to maximise the chances of visa approval,

Do You Qualify for the Health and Care Worker Visa?

Eligibility rules require applicants to be:

  • A qualified doctor, health professional, registered nurse or adult care practitioner that meets the requirements to work for eligible health or social care employer.
  • Work for employers with approved sponsorship licenses from the Home Office
  • A valid sponsorship certificate from a designated UK-based employer
  • Proof that you will earn the minimum wages required for qualifications, depending on your job specifications
  • You must prove you can read, write, speak and understand English to at least level B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) scale.
  • £1,270 in your bank account for 28 consecutive days to show that you can support yourself. The amount may vary according to the number of dependents apply with you

You can apply for a health and care worker visa approximately three months before you need to join your UK-based employer’s office. Our immigration lawyers ensure you don’t miss any deadlines during the application process.

How Long Can You Stay in the UK?

Your visa is valid for up to 5 years. After you complete your 5-year stay, you may either extend your visa or apply for indefinite leave to remain, depending on your circumstances.

How Can Our Immigration Lawyers Help?

Our immigration Solicitors provide practical advice and personalised solutions to support your journey to the UK. We can represent your application to the Home office after ensuring that you meet the requirements.

In addition, we can help your dependent family members (like a spouse, children, parents and grandparents)  to join you in the UK while you hold a valid health and care worker visa. Moreover, we can help you extend your visa applications if you seek other career opportunities.

Our immigration lawyers provide personalised support and review applications at affordable prices to streamline the process.  That way, you can pursue a medical career in the UK without any worries.

Have more questions? Consult our specialist immigration lawyers to support the health and care sector in the UK. Book an appointment today to get started.

MRG Solicitors is trading name of MRG solicitors Ltd Authorised and Regulated by Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Monday 9am–5pm
Tuesday 9am–5pm
Wednesday 9am–6pm
Thursday 9am–5pm
Friday 9am–5pm
© Copyright 2022. MRG Solicitors. All Rights Reserved.